Over the years several business were developed in the property; an Industrial Plant, a Ranch with livestock development, Railways, City centre and Port.
In 1909 the PLC is established in Argentina giving legal form to the Company under the name of Carlos Casado S.A. Limitada Compañía de Tierras (Lands Limited Company). In 1976, continues to operate as Carlos Casado S.A. (PLC)
In 1886 Don Carlos Casado installs the tannin factory in Puerto Casado and starts operating the first plant of quebracho extract (tannin) from America, becoming one of the world's largest, producing up to 2400 monthly tons of tannin mainly exported to Europe and USA. The tannin factory operates until 1996. Also since 1886 began the forest exploitation for the tannin factory and railway ties that are exported to Europe.
In 1925 the company arranged the entry of the Mennonite Colonies in the Paraguayan Chaco, allocating lands that were sold within the course of time and today they have 1.000.000ha. Becoming nowadays a Dairy, Livestock, Agriculture and Oil Industry and cold storage plant production emporium. (Related Links).
In 1958, the listing of its shares as securities is requested, obtaining the approval of the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Buenos Aires Stock Exchange.
In 2000, 400,000 ha of land are sold, along with the Port and Railway. Currently the company has a 320.000ha heritage.
In 2007, the Spanish San Jose group acquires the society´s majority percentage that together with the current vice chairman of the company (the founder´s great-grandson) would give an impetus to new developments and projects. Since 2008 there have been agreements with Cresud SA firm in order to create a society in Paraguay named Cresco S.A. which will develop at an early stage 42.000ha of agriculture (soybean, sunflower and other varieties) and livestock and to the which some additional 100,000ha will be incorporated on a second phase.